Take On A Professional Approach
Mapping Physical and Mental Growth Of Your Young Charges
- Have a log book to chart the progress of each child as their activities are observed. List down their new capabilities, development, achievements, talents and interests. Have constant communications with the parents/ guardians on the progress of each child. Parents must agree to your problem-solving solutions.
- Note down and record the days when the children are temperamental, feeling blue, highly excited or under the weather. Such charts will help you see the psychological, physical and emotional patterns that the children go through.
- Formulate an “education module” and a list of activities for the various ages. It will make the children more excited to learn new things rather than repeating the same activities or “lessons” over and over again.
Tap On Available Child Resources
- There are many books available at the bookstores on managing children. It will be well worth your while to browse around and equip yourself with that extra knowledge. If the prices are beyond your reach, look for such books in the library.
- Information on child minding are available at the Women and Family Development Ministry (located at Jalan Dato’ Onn, Kuala Lumpur) and at the National Unity and Social Ministry at Wisma Shen, Kuala Lumpur. You can also speak with officers at the nearest Social Welfare Department on the problems you encounter while dealing with the children in your care.
- There are also lots of articles in specialised magazines and newspapers on proper handling of children and tested methods to maximise their talents.
- Discussion with child psychologists can help you enhance your understanding of “signs” from the children.
- Build a network of childminders to exchange views and tips. It will also help you to keep abreast with the latest developments in the childcare industry, regardless of how small your set-up is.
Getting Yourself And Your Family Prepared For Your Homebased Childcare Venture
Complying With Regulations
Focus On Homebased Childcare Services
Other Childcare Services To Consider
Providing Homebased Childcare Services