Practical Tips For Online Success
According to eoneNet, a local success story in the Internet field, in order to be successful in setting up your Internet business you can follow a 10-step plan:
- Find a product that sells online
- Develop ideas to find a product, do market research on the ideas that sound good and test to see if there is an online market for the product.
- Determine the Business Model
- Determine the best business model for your intended business, whether it is product-, service- or information-based. The business model has to give you good profit margins, with minimum problem and cost incurred in delivery.
- Identify your target market
- Identify an easily targeted niche market for your business.
- Grab a good domain name
- An appropriate domain name is essential for search engine ranking purposes as well as your image, branding and marketing.
- Develop a simple but professional Website
- You need to set up a Website that will establish your credibility and ensure repeat visits.
- Create USP for Your Product/Service
- You need to create a unique selling proposition for your business in order to differentiate it from others. This is not unlike all businesses.
- Create compelling copy writing
- You need to be creative in your copy writing to make it unique and attractive enough to catch the attention of potential customers.
- Get An Online Payment Account
- One of the prime advantages of Internet businesses is the ease of purchase. Having a simple and secure online payment system would further enhance the attraction of your site/business. There are many third party online payment systems which you could leverage on without incurring high costs. In Malaysia, companies offering online payment systems include EoneNet (http://www.eoneNet.com/), Shinjiru Webpage Centre (http://www.shinjiru.com/Internet/hosting/gateway.htm) and Emerge Systems (http://www.emerge.com.my/E_Comm.htm) among others.
- Get massive traffic for your Website
- You need traffic to get sales for an online business. You will therefore need to learn the basics of how you can attract or draw traffic to your site. A variety of methods can be employed for this ranging like listing in appropriate search engines, affiliation with related sites and advertising in other forms of media. EOneNet has a mentorship program which coaches new users on methods they could employ to ensure adequate traffic to their site and also other areas of concern.
- Track Sales and Visitors to Measure
- You need to track and monitor not only the traffic to your site but also the number of sales that results from this. This is a maintenance measure you will need to do regularly to determine how effective your strategies have been and what you can do to redress any problems that occurs. You may need to rework on the first seven steps to remedy any shortcomings in your strategy. There is a variety of software available, which you could use to facilitate this. Check www.thecounter.com which offers users free counters which can be incorporated in your site.
Success on the Internet is a combination of various things. It may be a result of offering good quality, establishing a good position in the marketplace, finding the right market, establishing strategic alliances with other Internet businesses, and continuing to take advantage of technological changes. You will need to continuously monitor your progress and strategise and restrategise your business in order to keep up with the ever changing markets you cater to. Success can only be achieved as a result of the commitment to never-ending improvement and keeping a step ahead of your competition.
Courtesy of eOneNet.comRelated Articles: