Where to seek help
BANK Negara Malaysia and the Securities Commission have advised the public to be cautious of deposit-taking and investment schemes offering extraordinarily high returns over a short period.
They advise the public to verify such investments via channels such as the Internet and phone calls to regulatory bodies, and to check on companies which are not licensed, approved or authorised by the relevant authorities.
Where to seek help:
● The public can refer to the list of licensed institutions authorised to accept deposits which is available on Bank Negara’s website www.bnm.gov.my and the list of licensed intermediaries authorised to conduct regulated activities, available on the Securities Commission’s website www.sc.com.my.
● BNMTELELINK (Bank Negara’s customer service call centre) at 1-300-88-5465.
● BNMLINK (Bank Negara’s customer service walk-in centre), Block D, Bank Negara Malaysia, Jalan Dato Onn, Kuala Lumpur. Open Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
● Securities Commission’s Investor Affairs and Complaints Department, Securities Commission Malaysia, 3 Persiaran Bukit Kiara, Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
● Securities Commission general line at 03-6204800, 03-62048999, 03-62048777 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get-Rich-Quick Schemes Cause RM845m Losses
Source: Article from the Star Online, 13 July 2009